Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Checking In

I've been doing pretty well this month. I'm not blogging as much because I'm trying to limit my screen time, and spend more time playing with the baby now that he's getting more active, and still working on things around the house. The depression has backed way off for the most part, which is good. I'm still having some anxiety, but I can avoid many of the things that trigger it most of the time.

Physically, I'm still lacking energy a lot and waking up or staying sore most of the day about 3-4 days a week. I'm waiting until I catch up on bills and have the money to go back to the doctor for more tests to see what's going on, but I haven't been running or biking for a while. I walk some on the treadmill when I'm having a good day (that way I'm at home if I need to stop), but I'm still only doing 1/4-1/2 mile before I'm exhausted anymore. It's really frustrating. The weather's cooling off now, and I love this time of year, but it sucks not being able to take off and walk or hike now.

The baby's doing well. He's so close to crawling now. He'll scoot or crawl a few steps at a time, but he pushes up on his toes instead of his knees and it makes him fall down. We're getting ready to start him on solids, which should be interesting. I have a baby food mill and a steamer for steaming veggies, and just brought some produce. I'll be making brown rice and barley cereals, and possibly oats (all powdered in the extra coffee grinder), and pureeing avocado, banana, pear, apple, peas, squash, and sweet potato. I figure on making a couple weeks worth and freezing in ice cube trays, then it'll be ready when we need it. We got him a better sippy cup, too (handles and softer spout). He has one he's been playing with and drinking a little water, but I'm gonna start trying it with a little milk along with his food.

Around the house, I've got a big project to work on. Our heat pump was leaking water, and it's rotted the floor in the main hallway. I had the repair guy come and fix it, so that's done. I also ripped up all of the carpet in that area, to help the floor dry, Since this is a doublewide, there was linoleum underneath that, but we're leaving it down until my husband can replace the boards. The subfloor is rotten, so he'll be cutting that out and replacing it with new plywood. The good thing in all this is I have tiles we can put down, because the area leads to the bathroom I painted 6+ months ago and have been waiting for him to tile, and that floor may need a partial replacement as well. Since the carpet is out now, I'm going to spackle, prime, and paint the walls in the hallway, before he puts the floor down this weekend. (We're going room by room as we can and taking down the paneling strips then painting the walls, trying to make it look less like a trailer and more like a house inside. Once it's sanded and primed and everything the first time, it's easier repaint and change the colors later).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Some links on this blog may be affiliate links, for which a receive a percentage of the purchase price. See disclosure policy here.